HR Business Breakfast - Protected Conversations & Settlement Agreements
Starts: June 21, 2018 08:00
End: June 21, 2018 09:30
Since 2013, employers have been able to have ‘off the record’ conversations with their employees about bringing their employment to an end on a confidential basis. However there is still confusion around their use and to what extent they are protected.
In partnership with Red Recruitment we invite you to join us for informal networking over breakfast followed by a presentation covering: Protected Conversations & Settlement Agreements
Our speakers David Baynton, Partner & Head of Employment Law and Zoe Pettigrew from our Employment Team will look at:
- When is it appropriate to initiate a protected conversation?
- The limitations on when protected conversations will be treated as confidential and therefore inadmissible.
- Settlement Agreements;
- Important new rules for taxation of termination payments which all employers must be aware of.
This event is essential for HR professionals and owner-managers of SME businesses looking to further their knowledge in this complex area of employment law.
You’re welcome to ask questions, share experiences and make comments for discussion.
Brought to you along with Red Recruitment, our HR Business Breakfasts bring huge benefits.
- Expert advice from Employment lawyers
- Share best practice and network with peers
- Discuss topical issues and daily challenges.
Thursday 21 June 2018
8.00 registration, breakfast and networking
Metcalfes Solicitors, Queen Square House, 18-21 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4NH
£15 (including VAT)
Spaces are limited to allow for Q&A and group discussion.
Please reserve your place via eventbrite.
For further information please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call our marketing team on 0117 930 7567.